Liveaboard Thailand Infos
Book the Packages (2 Days + 5 Nights ) together as a 7 Day (One Week ) Liveaboard and explore with us all the Best Dive Sites, Thailand has to offer in one Trip ! Only Lanta Diving Safaris give you this great Scuba Adventure opportunity !
- We provide a free pick up (from/to the Boat) on Ko Lanta from the first three beaches ( Klong Dao, Long/Prah Aeh, Klong Khong). The Pick up time is about 1 to 1,5 hours before our Liveaboard will start the Trip. We will tell you the time for your pick up, when you come to our office to clear the “Check in” papers and the restpayment (Marine Park Fees)
- The Flying Seahorse departs from & arrives on our private Pier in Ban Saladan/ Ko Lanta.
- Departure Time for all 2 Day & all 7 Day Trips is 09.00 hrs in the morning – Departure Time for all 5 Night Trips is at 20.00 hrs late afternoon.
- Breakfast / Dinner will be served onboard as soon as the boat is cruising to the first dive destination.
A typical day onboard Flying Seahorse
- Early awakening, time for a light breakfast with tea, coffee, toast, butter, jam
- Dive 1 (approximately 07.30 hrs)
- Western style buffet breakfast
- Relax onboard, visit the beach or snorkel from the boat
- Dive 2 (approximately 11.30 hrs)
- Again, time to relax, snorkel and swim
- Dive 3 (approximately 15.30 hrs)
- Afternoon snack
- Lay back and watch the sunset, from the beach or onboard
- Dive 4 – night dive (approximately 19.30 hrs)
- Evening onboard – enjoy the company and share a drink with your fellow divers and our staff
Return on final day
- The Flying Seahorse returns (around 17.00hours) to our private pier at Ban Saladan/ Ko Lanta.
- Free Transfer to your Resort/ Hotel will be provided to the first three beaches ( Klong Dao, Long/Prah Aeh, Klong Khong ).
- Between the 2 Day Trip ends and the 5 Night Trips will start, ( approx. 3 Hours) you may stay onboard or explore Ban Saladan before departing again at 20.00 hrs.
Orientation, Dive Sites and Dive Planning
- After departure a full boat briefing will be given to introduce you to our staff and crew and familiarise you with your liveaboard
- Before your first dive the Tourleader/ Dive Guide will give a detailed dive brief, explaining our diving & safety procedures
- Before every dive there will be a full dive brief
- Every dives are planned to include a safety stop at 5m for 3 mins
- Everyone dives with a buddy within a group and each group is led by an experienced Dive Leader
- Maximum depth is 30m, to comply with National Park regulations, and you must be certified to dive to this depth
- Maximum dive time is 60 mins including the safety stops
- Small groups – maximum 4-5 divers per group
Our Diving Equipment
All our equipment is purchased new and serviced annually. Full diving equipment is not included in the liveaboard prices !
- BCD with power inflator
- Regulator with octopus and console with SPG. Depth gauge (in meters) available on request
- 3mm shorty wetsuit
- Mask, snorkel & full foot fins
- Tanks, weights and weight belt
- Torches for night dives
- Safety sausage
- Suunto dive computer
What you need to bring onboard
We suggest you pack a small bag for the trip and leave the remainder of your luggage at our Office Lanta Diving Safaris or your Resort.
- T-shirts and a Long sleeved shirt
- Hat & Sunglasses
- Sun protection cream
- Camera with spare memory card and batteries
- And don’t forget your dive certificationand your logbook!
Health and Special Requirements
If you have any health problems, are on any form of medication or have had any illness, injury or operation that you think may affect you whilst diving, please let us know in advance. If you are allergic to any form of medication, please state this clearly on the Registration Form. Anyone requiring vegetarian food or with any food allergies should advise us before the trip. And finally, please do not make plans to fly for at least 24 hours after your last dive – for your own safety ! Thank you !